Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Are You Okay?

It was a stressful previous evening.  My relative whom I had given good advice was trying to fix a problem without listening to anything I had said.   My husband got more and more upset as he talked to her. I looked at my next year at work and thinking that everything possible that would jeopardize my success had happened.  Then my husband was injured overnight and then woke up the next day not in a good mood.  I left to walk.  I felt it was better to be out of the house than in a household full of tizzy.  I was walking along the road and a truck stopped.  Generally when someone stops early in the morning I am very fearful.  All the driver asked was if I was okay.  I said yes and he drove away.  But then I really thought about it.  I was not okay.  I was hurting.  I was upset.  I was dreading the day with the visit to the gynecologist surrounded by pregnant magazines and people.  I despised  the visit that took much longer than the usual hour wait time. All I earned from that visit was another test due to my age.   I had tried so hard to handle menopause so well by working on my retirement plans and keeping busy but today I hurt.  I felt great pain.   I did a lot of praying and the Lord reminded me that I needed to take my hands off the impossible and let Him handle it.   It was not my fault we did not have kids.  It was not my mistake that I could not do my job.  Even emotions and decisions others made were not my concern.  When I did that things did get better.  Sometimes as much as I try to be positive it is okay just to be quiet and not fix everything. 

Romans 8:37-39 says

37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment