Sunday, July 24, 2016

Looking at the Whole Picture

Sometimes God calls us to take us out of our comfort zone and see things from a different perspective.  Recently I and some of my closest friends have had to learn this lesson.

In a recent situation a staff member had to do a last minute task that was overwhelming.  My friend told me she was initially overwhelmed with the huge task but the Lord quickly assured her that He would be with her and her job was to not allow the unfair request take her from the joy she had received from her job.  It wasn't even the supervision's fault this had happened and her job was to make them look good.  From a small perspective it was an inconvenience but when she looked at the total picture she realized with Christ's help she could be part of the solution to make the situation work out

Recently I was in a race.  The race started later due to the weather and even ended early because of the dangerous conditions.  I initially was upset I could not finish but quickly realized that the safety of myself and the other participants was more important than the distance covered that day.  It had to be tough to be the organizer to make a call even though no matter what decision they made would make others unhappy. 


I went to a teacher conference recently in another state and every morning I went running.  One day I went a bit overboard and ended up running a bit farther than my comfort zone.  I ended up in a bit of a seedy neighborhood.  I did see some pretty sights of the tops of the sights of the city and had to pray, use my sense of direction and ask for help to make it safely back to my hotel. 

In the past I had looked at life from a small perspective and had gotten mad easily.  As a believer I need to ask God for wisdom to see the whole picture.  When I do that things are not the same. 

I have learned in tough times for myself and others to not jump to conclusions.  Instead I need to stand back and ask the Lord to help me.  Isn't it good to know when we wait on the Lord for his wisdom He helps us see things in a new light.

1 Corinthians 13:12The Message (MSG)
12 We don’t yet see things clearly. We’re squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won’t be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We’ll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!

No comments:

Post a Comment