Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Lessons from the Train Station


This morning I was out on a walk and decided to go by the train station.  It had two purposes.  One I enjoyed watching the trains go by and second I might get to see my husband off to work.  I actually accomplished both goals.  As I neared the station there was a freight train.  Usually they are not there in the morning at that time because the rails are used for commuter trains.  But it was there. Many commuters were obviously frustrated and concerned that they would not be able to make their train because the freight train was coming on the opposite rail to the train they needed to get on.

I noticed how each of the trailers to the freight train  were different and had various purposes.  Some where used for dispensing liquid, gas or oil and others were clearly used for food or packing materials.  Each car had a particular look, sound and the  way it moved and swerved along the track.  I looked later after the freight train had passed and remarked to myself on the people waiting for the commuter train and how different they were in their dress, posture and actions.  But all them just like the train are essential and most importantly to the Lord.

I hope like I am you are blessed with some wonderful friends.  Those are people we could spend a large amount of time with in our lives.  Some of us are blessed to have families and we enjoy spending time with them.  Other people we deal with such as co-workers and frienamies  not so much.  But they are in our lives for a purpose.

I pray as you go about your day just as I do mine you will keep that in mind.  May we see beyond the surface level of things such as the outward, personal bias and other things to see what Jesus sees.

Do not use harmful words, but only helpful words, the kind that build up and provide what is needed, so that what you say will do good to those who hear you” (Ephesians 4:29 TEV).


No comments:

Post a Comment