Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Not putting the pause on Menopause

It started a few years ago with my period temporally stopping.  I have to admit it was nice at first because I did not have to wait to swim and the stress of constantly waiting for IT to come.  Then this year in January IT stopped for good.  Part of me was happy because I knew truly things were changing.  But all the changes were not good.  I gained weight more easily, developed a small mustache, needed more stress medication, and felt uneasy with change more than ever before.  My job position will change at least two times in the next two years.  Woo.....

But with the help of Christ I am making strides to cope with the change.  Most of it is not physical but mostly mental and emotional.  I am thinking towards my future planning for my retirement, making adjustments in my social circles taking out toxic relationships and taking the dive more often in life. 

First of all I started the journey to find out what I am supposed to do when I retire with taking to people, visiting places and making plans to further my education in the area of special education.  I am continuing to only allow myself to spend significant time with healthy people and saying yes to life's changes and enjoying the journey along the way. 

I choose to face the scary things such as bifocals, turning 49 in a few weeks, taking life with trying new things, and continuing to find purpose even with an older age.

We do not know the day of our death, the date of Christ's return but we know we need to be faithful.  I choose to do that today.

Mark 12:32

New Living Translation
"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment